Saturday, June 20, 2009

What a Week

This week has been crazy. Sunday, I got a call from a guy who needed an emergency business plan done by 2:00PM on Monday. I worked my butt off on it and got it done by Noon. That night, we went to the Jade Lounge to see what we thought was our friend Edgar DJing. We walked in and no one was there. Apparently his partner had quit the week before and it turned out that they were actually looking for a replacement.

It turned out the be the right place at the right time, because now Justin and Dameian are going to be spinning there NEXT THURSDAY, JUNE 25TH at 7PM.

Tuesday was kind of a blur because I found out that the CEO of my old company in LA had committed suicide. Great. I spent the whole day talking to old co-workers who were handling the arrangements because he had no immediate family. This is the one time that I wished I was back in LA so I could be there to help.

Wednesday and Thursday I worked all day on a project for Justin's old boss in LA uploading music. Not hard, but extremely tedious.

And then Thursday, I got a somewhat frantic phone call from my old roommate, Sarah, who had just got roped in to being the entertainment coordinator for American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. She had volunteered, thinking she'd help set up tables or something but ended up being in charge of booking all the talent and organizing all the activities for the entire thing. After looking at the instruction manual that was over 100 pages I was a bit overwhelmed myself, but I'm always willing to help out a friend in need.

So she came over last night and we started planning all the 80's inspired activities for the relayers to do. Once we got started we realized it's not as overwhelming as we thought. But we have less than a month to pull it off. Good times. I guess that's what happens when you live life one day, or one hour, at a time.

1 comment:

  1. wow, i'm sorry to hear about your old boss. i'm happy you're finding all kinds of neat projects to do!

    ReplyDelete