Monday, August 3, 2009

Sammy's

Right now I am in Post-Sammy Heaven. In our house, Sammy's = Sandwiches.

We just had the most amazing lunch we've had in a long time.

Today is the day we start testing spreads for our sandwich menu. We're keeping our menu simple with soup, salads and sandwiches. And we know that any restaurant can get the top quality bread and the top quality meat, but the real difference is in the spread.

So I went to the store and got Grand Central Como Bread, Deli Turkey and all the ingredients to make Chipotle Mayo, Pesto Mayo and Homemade Vegan Mayo.

After two attempts to make the Vegan Mayo, I'm sad to report that I may have to figure out another recipe. No matter how slowly I poured the oil in it just did not thicken! So oh well.

But the Chipotle and Pesto Mayo's were amazing!!!

We're thinking Pesto Mayo on Turkey and Chipotle Mayo on Oven Roasted Chicken or on a BLT. YUMMY!!!!!!

Okay, now I'm going back to my food coma :)

No comments:

Post a Comment