Sunday, September 5, 2010

What a day!!

Yesterday was so awesome!! Feeling inspired by some slow daytime hours the day before, I printed off some sandwich menus and went out to introduce myself to our neighboring businesses. I met so many nice people!! I still have a few more to go, but it definitely set a good mood for the day and some of them even came in for lunch!! So nice!

We've been rocking at night, as the general perception is that we're a bar, but we're trying to get the word out that we are open during the day, too. We have an awesome sandwich menu and are such a cozy place for lunch! So I basically "hit the street" and stood out front all day long passing out menus. And once again, I met some really awesome people and brought in some business.

We passed out so many menus that we had to keep running home to print more (thank goodness we live in the neighborhood!). After running out of ink, I made a quick run to Walgreens to get our cartridge filled, but made a pit stop at a brand new vintage furniture store right off Belmont called White Rabbit. It's in the rear of the building on the corner of SE Belmont & 29th that houses Pollywogs and Bare Bones.

I got a sweet used bookshelf that's going to house all of our magazines and newspapers in the store. AND we made a new friend! The owner came in to the Hall later that night with her husband. I <3 supporting local businesses!

That night we had the Ghost Town Soul Club spinning their amazing collection of soul 45's. We hosted old friends, new friends, people we met during the day, even the writer of our first Willamette Week article! By the time Justin and I left at around 9:30PM the place was packed!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad this place opened up on the 3300 SE Belmont block! It's nice to have the newspaper off the windows and a bit more going on! My husband and I checked out Hall of Records for the first time last night and we'll definitely be returning again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Thanks for the comment Amy!!

    ReplyDelete