Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sweet Sweet Music

It's been a while since I've done a narrative posting so I thought I was about due. We're getting excited for the party coming up on Friday. We got a new $5 Crate full of some sweet sweet vinyl.

I've really been loving the Mayer Hawthorne Record and bought multiple copies of his heart shaped 7". I checked with the label today and it seems like they're already sold out. Another online store is selling it for $40!! I'm glad I got my copies before they sold out :)


Admittedly, Justin is the vinyl collector but I get to throw my opinion into the mix every once in a while. He asked me to make a list of some current artists that I wanted to add to the sale bins. So I added The Bamboos, The Apples, Budos Band, El Michels Affair and Nicole Willis, among others. I've been really loving them all lately, especially the Bamboos with Alice Russell. I encourage everyone to check them out!!

And on the indie rock tip, we are super excited because The Features are coming to Portland November 15th!! Justin knows these guys personally and used to play in a band that was on their same label. He introduced them to me a few years ago and they're SO FUN!!! They will be at the Doug Fir playing with the Whigs.

If you are in Portland come on out to the party on Friday and get a taste of some of our sweet sweet sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment